Teachers Pay Teachers TPT: BTS Friend in Me Student Portrait Activity

Teachers Pay Teachers TPT: BTS Friend in Me Student Portrait Activity

    So, here was my dilemma. At the time (and I say this because things has constantly been changing due to our COVID numbers here in Hawaii), my school was set to return back to school on August 17 (with it having been already pushed back a week or two). We were going to have an A/B schedule. That means we would have half our class while the others were at home working on other assignments. The other half would come the next day and the roles would be reversed.

    I was grateful that I would not have to plan for my ENTIRE class being spaced 6 feet apart (although I shouldn't gripe as my class size is significantly lower than other teacher friends on Instagram). As I started to move the desks (A/B, A/B, etc.) and sit in them to imagine what it would be like for my kiddos, it seemed so lonely. They would be so far apart from each other; this was something so different from what they were used to back in the (physical) classroom. Then I also realized, until things get better, THEY WOULD NEVER SEE THEIR ENTIRE CLASS TOGETHER. Yes, I was shouting this at you through my caps-lock keyboard. 

    Then, I crafted my work-around to this dilemma. Students would work on their self portraits that had a speech bubble hopefully cheering up their seat-mate (the seat-mate they would never see in person) throughout the school day. I would carefully admire their completed portraits, then place it into a 4x6 frame I got from Target (Target never disappoints). I got a chance to try it out, and am excited for the day I get to implement this with my kiddos (half of them at a time). 

    Oh yeah, did I mention? It's on my TPT store?
+ It's got two different sayings in the speech bubble:
Hello, Friend! (in 3 different fonts)
You've Got a Friend in Me
+ Print to fit a 4"x6" frame OR 8.5"x11"
+ Color print OR black/white
+ All have a watercolor splash behind it or a solid background color!
Friend In Me Student Portrait Activity in ACTION!

Comments