Teachers Pay Teachers TPT: Distance Learning All About Me (Beginning of the Year) Student Activity

Distance Learning Style (or Not): All About Me
Student Activity
    I don't know about you guys, but we are starting in the beginning of August to be with our kiddos and I am FREAKING out. We kind of have an idea of what our school will be looking like and what format we will be doing (which is more of a hybrid Distance Learning + face-to-face sort of thing). On top of that, I feel so under prepared and have been wracking my brain on trying to get things done before things get extra crazy at the start of a new school year. I have also been thinking of what types of things I'm going to have to change: less performing arts/teamwork type of activities, less discussions with a partner, rethinking how I assign and collect(?!) classwork/homework.

    So, with that, I share with you an activity you can do with your students whether in person, or online. It's a Google Slides product found on TPT! Students can fill out this worksheet, and they can draw on it if you decide to print out copies and have them do it, OR they can complete it on Google Slides. They can take a picture of themselves, and find images on Google Images that matches things like "Favorite Thing to Eat", "Future Career", and so on. I'm going to plan to teach them tech things and get comfortable with it as our school does see a portion of it having to be done at home. ALSO, I love, love, LOVE that I'll be able to print up their student work once they complete it and post it up in our classroom. I'll feel better knowing that's less things that I have to handle and less ways to spread the dang thing. Still feeling a bit nervous, but hey, at least that's one less thing to worry about!

Comments