Story Time: About Me

Story Time: About Me
    
     I just realized that I don't have any posts that share more about me (although, I know, this blog is more than me). I'll keep it short (or at least try to).
    In 4th grade, I had an amazing teacher who made me feel like I was someone important. Ever since then, I decided that I would become a teacher when I was all grown up, becoming a world famous singer was my other option, but that didn't pan out too well for me. So ever since then, I was on a quest to be the very best teacher that I could be; a teacher who made her students feel important and special just as my 4th grade teacher had done. It's going to be my 9th year of teaching this coming 2020-2021 school year, and I am still trying to become a better teacher than I was the day before. 
    I've been a teacher in different grade levels as well as different positions: resource teacher, SpEd co-teacher, inclusion standalone teacher, and general education teacher. My philosophy is mainly to teach these little humans how to be good people in life. Academics are important, too. 
    If you didn't notice before, I happen to have a love of Disney things! In my classroom, I've handmade everything Disney that you see. It's something that I'm really proud of. My husband says that I have a talent for paper arts and using the scissors. Ha!
    I hope you join me along on this blog or Instagram (and I'll try to be more consistent with posting) as I go through my teaching journey to become the very best (cue Pokemon theme song).
 


Comments